Unable to Login/Register

Change log forum

Unable to Login/Register

Postby Sokar Rostau » Tue May 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Bugs, changes, same thing...

When ZZ crashed back in February(?) I initially thought it was just one of those things where I randomly got logged out after a long time, so I simply tried logging in again. It didn't work and said that my password was wrong. Not unusual, I have a lot of passwords and it's easy to type in the wrong one or to misspell it. After a couple of tries I remembered what it was (it was wrong) and tried that. Instead of working it sent me to the "You have tried too many times to login" page. So I figured I must have changed the p/w at some point and hit the "I Forgot My Password" button. Remember, at this point I thought there was an issue on my end and had no idea about any meltdown. I reset my password and then tried to login again. Again I was sent to the "too many attempts" page and again I was informed that it was wrong. I tried twice more, both times using the exact password I had just set. At some point around here I also cleared my cookies. When that didn't work I tried resetting it again, but this time it said that my email address wasn't recognised. I gave up and went off to do something else.

When I returned the next day I found out that the place had crashed and figured that that was why I couldn't log in. I duly tried to login again. From a fresh Board Index page, more than 12 hours after I last tried to log in (much more than 12), my login failed and I was immediately shown the "too many logins" page. None of the three passwords worked so I attempted to reset it again only to be told my email wasn't recognised. And that's where things have been for the last couple of months. I've tried to login a few times since then and it always results in the same thing: first attempt sends me to the "too many logins" page and my email isn't recognised if I try to reset it. At some point I had the brilliant idea of creating a new account only to discover that there is no Register button anywhere on the forums. There's also no way to contact Admins without being logged in.

That's about all the details I can think of right now.
"I'm a militant agnostic. If you don't believe in what I believe I will come and burn a fucking question mark in your front lawn." - Billy Connelly

Giddy Shit Covered Incest and Other Poems by Maya Anjelou
Sokar Rostau
Real American

Re: Unable to Login/Register

Postby Bortaz » Sat May 11, 2013 5:33 am

If it's any comfort to you, you only missed about 7 posts during your absence.
Holysinner wrote:In short, Bortaz is right. Again.

PatMaGroin wrote:So far it seems like Bortaz is correct.

PatMaGroin wrote:No one cares about you fucking Eskimos.
Bortaz
Mighty Murse

Postby Sokar Rostau » Sat May 11, 2013 10:10 am

Still seems better that the other place, which appears to have become a soapbox for all of jmerv's rants and BoBCox' drooling with a couple of other people occassionally managing to get a word in.

I would like to highlight again that there is no way to register an account here, at least not any way that I could find.
"I'm a militant agnostic. If you don't believe in what I believe I will come and burn a fucking question mark in your front lawn." - Billy Connelly

Giddy Shit Covered Incest and Other Poems by Maya Anjelou
Sokar Rostau
Real American

Postby Moderatelyconfused » Sat May 11, 2013 10:31 am

Whoops, I had that turned off until I got the spam guard back into place.
toader wrote:I sat in the corner of a Starbucks and slowly deep throated a hot dog
Moderatelyconfused
Biggus Dickus

Return to Changes